I'm doing some research to understand how different teams handle this, and it seems like no task management systems have considered a design system's architecture and the needs of managing a series of tasks as teams iterate from version to version.
Certainly, there is a paradigm for this if we think about components from a development perspective in Jira or Asana. Is there anything unique about design systems that isn't being captured with a similar process in a similar tool?
Example: If someone on my team updates the design of the Button component, there are a number of steps they should follow to see this all the way through:
- Create a branch in the Linked Library (via Abstract)
- Execute the change in the Library
- Double-check inheritance across Project files for no bugs
- Merge branch with a commit comment
- Update design system documentation accordingly
- Add change to release notes for pending release
How do your teams track those tasks efficiently?