UIDB.io (User Interface Database) - live examples of any UI
almost 6 years ago from Joe Tannorella, Founder, UIDB.io & LetsCommence.com
UIDB is a place to find real live examples of any type of UI.
Its different to Dribbble et al. in that every UI shown is a real live example and not just a concept, which means that you can visit, click around and see the context that the UI exists within.
I built UIDB to scratch my own itch. Personally I've always struggled with a few things:
- finding inspiration for real UI (not only concept work)
- bookmarking and sharing my favourite examples of UI
- collaborating with others to create meaningful collections of UI
- finding examples of UI that aren't easily defined or categorised (e.g. obnoxious modals, dynamic pricing, or multiple select UI)
- finding actual live examples of open source libraries that have already been implemented online
- joining up how designers, developers, and marketers all speak and making this searchable. E.g. a designer may say "credit card logos", a developer "payment methods", and a marketer "social proof"
As you can probably tell, UIDB is far from being complete - I have a long roadmap of features that I'm working through (recently moved to HTTPS on HTTP2, and also added autocomplete!).
I'm constantly taking feedback and iterating on the product, so please feel free to ask for features and make suggestions. It's only me working on the project, so things are slow going, but I promise I do listen and respond :-)
Long-term I'm gunning for UIDB to be a thriving community of not only designers, but also product people, marketers, and developers.
If you're looking for inspiration for something specific that is hard to find, then put in a UI Request and I'll help you find examples.
Looking forward to your feedback!
Login to Comment
You'll need to log in before you can leave a comment.Login
New accounts can leave comments immediately, and gain full permissions after one week.Register now