We’re the Adobe Design team that builds and maintains Spectrum, Adobe’s design system. We provide tools and guidance to foster consistent design across Adobe’s entire ecosystem, which spans dozens of products on desktop, mobile and the web. We support products that are brand new and products that are nearing three decades in market. Our product ecosystem presents a unique combination of challenges that we’ve learned a lot from over the last few years.
We recently published a series of stories on how we’ve been building the system, evolving our team, and collaborating with others:
- Adobe Spectrum: The Design System Driving the Next Generation of Creative Tools
- Design Your Team to Design Products of the Future
- Selling the Value of a Design System in a Large Organization
- Community, Not Control: Aligning Product Teams with New Design Systems
We brought a cross-section of the overall team to DN today (from 9 AM to 4 PM PDT) to take your questions:
- Shawn Cheris is a Director of Experience Design. In addition to the Spectrum team, he runs a number of centralized teams including Brand, Icons, Content Strategy, Inclusive Design, and Developer Ecosystem.
- Mathieu Badimon manages the Spectrum Design team which includes Lindsay Brown, PJ Buddhari, Patrick Steele, and Nate Baldwin.
- Garth Braithwaite is part of the Spectrum Engineering team and has played a major role in a number of projects, including our open source CSS project, Spectrum CSS.
- Veda Rosier is the Adobe Spectrum product manager. She helps the team stay strategic and helps us stay on course and make intelligent decisions about what to do next.
- Andy Welfle manages our Content Strategy team and provides the Spectrum team with thoughts on how to design with words.
Do you work on design systems? If so, what’s been your experience? Please leave your questions or comments below. We look forward to talking with you.
Thank you, The Spectrum Team